“China is at a critical point in the ongoing degradation of its environment, with the tide of public sentiment rapidly shifting. As the country begins to enter a more mature stage of development, we note that opportunities abound in the healthcare, agribusiness, energy, and even automotive sectors, with aggressive government environmental targets as well as increasing consumer awareness set to drive new areas of growth in the economy.“
Business Monitor International (BMI) has just published ‘China - Environmental Stresses Offer Investment Opportunities‘, a new special report examining the critical state of China‘s environment, and the potential investment opportunities available as the country looks to address the problem.
The report assesses the detrimental effect that the country‘s ‘growth-at-all-costs‘ economic model has had on the environment to date, and examines the investment opportunities in Power, Autos, Agribusiness and Pharma that we predict will come out of pressure on the government to address environmental concerns.
Use BMI‘s core views on the impact that potential environmental protection reforms will have on the country, backed up by comprehensive data and forecasts, to understand the opportunities for your operations and to enhance your investment decision-making. The report answers key questions, such as:
- What are the political and social consequences for China in neglecting to prioritise environmental issues?
- How will the economy be affected as China‘s development model evolves to stem the rising tide of pollution?
- What impact will environmental reforms have on China‘s Burden of Disease and which products within pharmaceuticals and healthcare look to benefit?
- How will China‘s energy mix change as a result of greener policies?
- What improvements will be required of the country‘s water and waste management systems?
- What changes can we anticipate in the autos industry going forward?
The special report draws on BMI‘s 30 years of experience to critically evaluate the long-term prospects for key industries in China amidst this potentially critical turning point in the country‘s growth, and helps you assess the impact this will have on your future operations.