“BMI has observed a heightened level of excitement towards investment opportunities in South East Asia this year. In a world in which the eurozone lurches from one crisis to the next, the US economy struggles to gain a sustainable foothold, and traditional emerging markets such as China and India can no longer guarantee fast and stable expansion, South East Asia is arguably as attractive an investment destination as it has been for the past two decades..."
Business Monitor International (BMI) has just published 'South East Asia: A SEA Of Opportunities', a brand new special report, that examines the key macroeconomic dynamics and industry themes that are set to define the economically significant Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), over the coming decade.
This special report outlines the most attractive opportunities in industries such as Power & Utilities, Telecoms, Autos, Mining and Healthcare, with a key focus on Infrastructure, as well as identifying the main risks from a regional and country by country basis. It also examines the theme of intra-regional integration and connectivity - an important trend for the region, which we believe will be a primary engine of growth for South East Asia over the medium-term.
Use BMI's core views on the potential challenges the ASEAN will face to realise its potential, and where specifically the opportunities lie, to enhance your investment decision-making and risk-planning activities. The report answers key questions, such as:
- Which sectors will see the most opportunities driven by the planned single market and production base for ASEAN?
- What are the fundamental drivers and potential risks of South East Asia's infrastructure boom?
- How does the region stand to benefit from China's eroding manufacturing competitiveness?
- While Indonesia's remarkable growth boom is built on solid foundations, what could threaten the country's economy in the future?
- What is the biggest threat to the Philippines' high-potential infrastructure sector?
- What does the future hold for the region's mining sector?
- Should investors be looking back towards South East Asia's forgotten investment story, Vietnam?
The special report draws on BMI's 28 years of experience to critically evaluate the investment opportunities of the ASEAN region in the years to come, helping you assess the role it could play in your company’s growth strategy for 2013 and beyond.