The United Kingdom Banking & Financial Services Report has been researched at source and features BMI Research's independent assessment and forecasts for the banking and financial services sector in United Kingdom. It examines key drivers of growth and future prospects, including the macroeconomic situation, the level of development and potential for growth of the sector, the commercial initiatives of major players, government policy and the regulatory environment. Proprietary BMI forecasts cover the finance sector’s contribution to the economy, banking assets and liabilities, and the life and non-life insurance sectors, while our macroeconomic forecasts for the country are also included. Leading companies are analysed, with key performance indicators for major banks covering asset quality, earnings and profitability, capital and leverage, and funding and liquidity, as well as premiums written for insurance companies.
BMI's United Kingdom Banking & Financial Services Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the banking and financial services industry in United Kingdom.
- Benchmark BMI's independent banking and financial services industry forecasts for United Kingdom to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the British financial services market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in United Kingdom through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, investments and macroeconomic developments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Competitive Landscape Analysis.
BMI’s Expert Industry View
Key insights into the banking and financial services market, bringing together key industry trends, company developments and the regulatory environment across the full banking and financial services spectrum. Includes BMI forecasts for the country’s finance sector.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within the commercial banking sector and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
- Forecast Scenario: In-depth analysis of the outlook for the banking sector, providing investment, product and financing trends that will affect the market, supported by BMI’s banking sector and macroeconomic forecasts. Analysis is provided in the context of major global and regional developments as well as country-specific trends. Data for assets, liabilities, client loans and client deposits are presented, as well as key banking ratios and historic data on non-performing loans.
- Competitive Landscape: A comprehensive overview of the banking sector, covering market size, major trends and developments over recent years, company news and key strategy. Includes a breakdown of key performance indicators for leading banks, covering asset quality, earnings and profitability, capital and leverage, and funding and liquidity.
- Regulatory Environment: Overview of the key regulatory players in the country’s commercial banking industry, including the central bank, banking regulators and trade associations. Profiles the powers and responsibilities of main regulators, government policy and legislation, and the major requirements of companies operating in the market. Places the country’s regulatory environment in a global and regional context.
Overview of the insurance sector, including BMI forecasts for life and non-life insurance and analysis of key trends, presented in a global and regional context. Includes examination of insurance market size, major trends and developments, company news and key strategy, with key data on the largest insurance companies by premiums written and targeted analysis of major insurance sub-sectors including motor vehicle, property and health. Also incorporates overview of the regulatory environment, profiling major regulators, government policy and company requirements.
Overview of the asset management sector, including examination of market size, major trends and developments, company news and key strategy, with key data and analysis of the largest investment management companies operating in the market. Also incorporates overview of the regulatory environment, profiling major regulators, government policy and company requirements.
Overview of the country’s stock exchanges, including examination of market size, major trends and developments, company news and key strategy, with key data and analysis of the largest active stock exchanges. Also incorporates overview of the regulatory environment, profiling major regulators, government policy and company requirements.
BMI’s Macroeconomic Overview
Our latest economic growth outlook for the market, accompanied by forecasts to end-2026 for all headline macroeconomic indicators, including real GDP growth, inflation, fiscal balance, trade balance, current account and external debt. Also includes data and forecasts for household incomes and demographics.
The Banking & Financial Services reports draw on a network of primary sources, such as multilateral organisations, government departments, industry associations, chambers and company reports.